Clinical Genetic testing tries to identifiy if you have or have developed any change in your genes or chromosomes. The result of this test can infer if you have a genetic condition which might be inherited from your parents and there is a chance that you will pass it on to your children.
There are several methods of genetic testing:
Molecular genetic tests, which studies single genes or short lengths of DNA to identify if there are any variations which can lead to genetic disorder Chromosomal genetic tests, which analyzes the whole chromosome or long lengths of DNA to check if there are large genetic changes, such as an extra copy of. chromosome.
Biochemical genetic tests which studies the amount or activity level of genes, abnormalities in which can cause a DNA to change resulting in genetic disorder.
- Help you better understand your risk of inheritable diseases
- Relieve your anxiety or uncertainty about risk of a disease running in family
- Help you make decisions about your health and learn ways to help lower your risk of such inheritable disorders
- Help other family members decide if they should get tested or learn about how to lower their risks of getting the same
- Makes one attentive to minor changes allowing better detection of disorders at their beginning
- Leading to diagnosis of the inherited disease at early stage
A genetic test might be able to tell you for certain about you or your child's genetic makeup. For some people this relief from uncertainty is very important, even if the news is bad. If the news is good, it can mean a tremendous sense of relief.
- A negative result can eliminate the need for unnecessary checkups and screening tests in some cases.
- A positive result can direct a person toward available prevention, monitoring, and treatment options.
Some test results can also help people make decisions about having children. Newborn screening can identify genetic disorders early in life so treatment can be started as early as possible.
All services are undertaken in accredited environments, which further reinforces the high standards, accuracy and quality of our services. Our non-invasive, home based tests and mobile app based system make it possible to manage the ordering to report receipt at the palm of your hand in the comfort of your couch. We offer affordable custom medical genetic testing and genome research options to address the client’s needs.
Benefits of our PatientMD healthcare platform for followup action:
- We strive to meet the agreed turn around time
- Our services are compliant and consistent with current standards in the fields of molecular diagnostics, medical genetics, personalized medicine, genomics and bioinformatics research.>
- Our services are rendered by professionals with extensive experience in the fields of genome biology, bioinformatics, medical genetics, molecular diagnostics and personalized medicine.
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Male Infertility
- Female Infertility
- Hereditary Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Cardiac Diseases
- Obesity panel
- Renal Panel
- Customized tests